Monday, November 15, 2004

Yes, Fortune is a stumpet. (correction: strumpet)

Everything this past few weeks everything has boiled down to the few elements, the "whore-sisters" as we can call them - Fate, Fortune and Chance.

And who else to turn to but the ultimate fatalistic writer of our times... Shakespeare.

Shakespeare, as I was discussing with someone, is so much better enjoyed if you're forced to cram it down your throat. Otherwise, who the hell has so much patience to try and understand everything??

From the play about the man who talks to much - Hamlet.



and blest are those
Whose blood and judgment are so well commingled,
That they are not a pipe for fortune's finger
To sound what stop she please.

Where joy most revels, grief doth most lament;
Grief joys, joy grieves, on slender accident.
This world is not for aye, nor 'tis not strange
That even our loves should with our fortunes change;
For 'tis a question left us yet to prove,
Whether love lead fortune, or else fortune love.
Mmmmmm. I did try re-reading Hamlet, but all the messy notes really screwed it up for me.

But still, I'm very intrigued by all this kind of eternal questions...the ones that Shakespeare raised without answering, the ones that Kundera tried to take over in exploring, but still ultimately the ones which will never be answered. I just like the sensation of surrounding myself with them... I like how they have no answers. I like how, no matter how hard people try, they can never be simplified. We all, myself included, try too hard to simplify things sometimes.

Postmodernist wet-dream haha.

I wanna take the postmodernist course they have at NIE... but I heard that the supposed wet-dream becomes a horrific leather-and-whips scenario of which you are an unwilling participant... think 316 Ivan Kwek style. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!


------------------------------


I don't care how scatter-brained Tekwani is, he's such a sweetie! Thanks to him, I now have CONFIRMED accomodation in Dhaka for 6 months... AWwww.... don't have to pack my sleeping bag which I was planning to use when I am sleeping in the office haha.

Is it just me or do all the nicest males fall under the "nice 'ol grandfatherly" category? Does it take THAT long for men to realise the virtues of being nice? I refuse to concede that it's because I wear a skirt. Don't burst my bubble.

------------------------------



Thanks for the present JOO. =)






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry for being fastidious, captious, choosy, critical, dainty, demanding, difficult, discriminating, easy disgusted, exacting, finical, finicky, fussbudgety, fussy, hypercritical, meticulous, nice, nitpicky, old maid, overdelicate, overnice, particular, persnickety, picky, punctilious, queasy, squeamish, stickling, but isn't i think it's "strumpet" not "stumpet".

panaphobic said...

HAHAHHAHahaha ya man! But now you've pointed it out doesn't "STUMPET" sound like a perfect word to be added to our vocabulary of insults???