Saturday, December 18, 2004

14 Days: The Nights are getting shorter

Partying is a strange concept because it's a planned event and it somehow resembles a ritual of sorts. The inclusion of dancing, derangement, and the occassional trance-like state (plus exotic drinks only consumed within premises) does give partying (also known as clubbing, for those still in JC) a sort of ancient, ritualistic, cave-manish feel.

I'm still very amazed at people who can party every day, because well rituals are not called rituals if they're commonplace. Ah whatever.

And talking to a 17-year-old acquaintance who recently got kicked out of JC for scoring Triple Fs because "i knew i had other avenues to go to mah" really makes me very determined to have my children not know the sweet smell of money till they've proven to contain a certain quantity of sensibility.

Rich Kids. Yucks.



So with only 14 days left to go (two weekends, including this one), I'm feeling the strain. Namely because my laptop isn't fixed yet, but now I've gotten over the "scared" feeling, and I'm really looking forward to it.

I just had to ramble a bit before going out.

1 comments:

the prole said...

dhaka got internet access?