Sunday, April 24, 2005

the day sucks. this sucks. you suck.

[Update at 5:33pm : The guy is still not here. And apparently, according to Malu, he's "coming". But it's a "surprise visit" so we're not supposed to know what time. Right. A surprise visit. That's why he called yesterday asking us to call back to arrange a time. Right. ]

Trying to release all the 15 year old anger hormones into the title. PMS hitting hard this year follks, and it looks like it might be awihle.

So i'm sitting here in my tiny cubicle, waiting and waiting for the meeting to start. The guy (government official, wouldn't you have guessed) is supposed to be here at 1. It's now five minutes to 4. I have officially rotted away my day sending emails, chatting, reading Savage Love and various nonsense.

I will take a slow pause after work today. At promptly five o'clock, my ass is going to kiss this place goodbye. I will climb onto a rickshaw, and take a bumpy ride to Dhanmondi Lake. I will get off, pay 10 Tk without haggling (bargaining just going to fray my nerves more), head to the lake and order myself a hot cup of lemon tea. Sit by the brick wall and just do nothing.

Then, I will get up, walk back to Pathshala. Lock myself in the room, change into something comfortable, wash my face, blast the music, turn on the aircon and read my book.

At night I will ascend the stairs to eat the chow mein I asked Peter if he could prepare for dinner. I will have my orange juice (if it's gone by then i will SCREAM) and my mandarin oranges which I bought yesterday.

I will read some more in my room, (because wow, the Godfather is a better read than movie), and I will pop two panadols and go to sleep. The local panadols are POWERFUL. it's also 500mg, but it knocks me out.

I'm just trying to psych myself to have a nicer end to the day.

Or i could go to rifle square and get myself some Seinfeld to watch.

Nah. Staring at the screen will just make me feel like puking. i'll read my book. And fall asleep listening to Mr Brown and Mr Miyagi crap about Singaporean life.

1 comments:

huckerby said...

jess, you've been miyagi-ed! :P