Sunday, March 12, 2006

You know you've to stop drinking beer, or at least cut down, when you end up using your beer belly as a fifth limb while trying to haul cartons around even though a knee or lap would have done just as well. It is hard to explain how I did it, suffice to say that it was acting more like a resting pivotal point when I needed my two hands free to wrap tape around the carton. Packing the calories, dammit.


---------------------


I changed my sentence thingy above because I read this line today at the library and it really stuck.

There was a discussion about getting to know subjects first before photographing them - which is not a topic I frequently talk about here because not many people seem to have that luxury of time in their line of work. But I used to wonder, if my penchant for doing so was actually some sort of unconscious laziness in me that wanted to postpone having to actually do work.

But after reading what these women photographers said, I think I can go a little easier on myself lah.

0 comments: