Saturday, August 12, 2006

Double faced

Cat couldn't understand why everything she does is cute.

"Surely, I have to have some level of unpleasantness!" (She had just come out from a bout of sulking.)

"Give me a dirty look then," I challenged.

She stuck out her tongue, which made me giggle so badly I had to turn my back around to avoid hurting her feelings.

"You're all fools," she muttered, and turned and left.


*pbbbrrrt*


It made me think though, about what kind of thoughts cats might be hiding under a veneer of chronic cuteness.

For instance, this one could be thinking "FEED ME. BITCH.", and not "Oh you darling please drop me another bite I am sooo hungry and I luv you I luv you please feed me please I will meow for food!".


Will Meow For Food


Went back to the kopitiam near my primary school for lunch today. The bak chor mee was not as great as I remembered it to be.

I used to buy iced water from the drinks stall because I was too stingy to spent 80 cents on a can drink.

Yes, I said 'buy'. The lady charged me 30 cents for ice and tap water.



-----------------------------------------------


For the Record:

Mr Masagos Zulkifli uttered these words of wisdom regarding pre-marital sex in front of teenagers at a youth forum today:



"Just like how you don't want your girl to be a second-hand girl, you shouldn't make a girl a second-hand girl to someone else".



[The second half of the sentence is not verbatim, because there were a couple of uhmms and ahhh - but I remain true to the meaning and context]


I felt like such a slut for a spilt second when he said that. He went on to mention something about not wanting a "second-hand wife" as well.


There's a discussion to be had regarding political correctness and the absurdities of life - but not when I have The Office Special waiting to be watched.


Priorities, people. Priorities.

0 comments: