Saturday, November 11, 2006

Moving In, Moving Out

I suppose at some point or other I have to talk about the events of the past week, and perhaps its only apt that I do it now.

So now I have a desk and a computer, Prince is wailing over the speakers, the key to the office sits next to me. I will be running out later to grab some coffee and smokes, and right now its just me and my music occupying this very beautiful three-storey shophouse.

I feel like I've been holding my breath for the whole of the past week, and I'm just waiting to exhale.

The line would be nicer if there weren't a Whitney Houston movie with the same title. Fuck.

But yes, I start my new job in a week or so. I've yet to wrap things up at the other end, and I think next week will be crazier than the last.

I was going to write about what its all about, and why I'm leaving, and why this what-the-fuck move seems perfectly logical in my mind - but I've been doing that for the last five days and I really can't do it anymore.

1 comments:

zyn said...

hey you never said you were leaving and not coming back! i'd better see you at the smoking staircase at least one more time so i can get all the details!