Friday, April 20, 2007

Last night I dreamt (yes I do that a lot) I was at a dinner gathering with pre-arranged seating.

There were little white cards to tell you where you were supposed to sit.

Slightly distracted by making small talk as I went from table to table, I somehow couldn't seem to find out where my place was even though there were plenty of empty seats and unclaimed white cards left.

As I stood milling around, chatting to someone, a host of sorts came up to ask me why I was not yet seated.

I told him I couldn't find my card, and I didn't know where to go.

His face widened into an expression of friendly incredulity, turned on his polished black heel and swept his arms in a flourish towards the empty seat nearest to us.

"Its right there!"

How could I have missed it? I walked over, and on printed on the little card sitting in the middle of my plate was 'Photographer'.

"Oh. I guess that must be me."

0 comments: