Monday, April 02, 2007

M1_1560 copy

New issue is out. My photo essay has been getting good reviews, but I personally dislike it. I have my reasons.




The next two weeks will be hell.

Every issue I say that things will be different this time roumd, but it always ends up the same. Wasting time chasing false leads, reading tons of material that doesn't make sense and end up being useless. And just as the deadline approaches, you realise you're back at square one. Or square zero, for that matter.

i'm really getting sick of feeling this inadequete.

A part of me really, really wants to go back to doing what I used to do. And even so, I don't know if I did it well. At least I remember having a lot more satisfaction.

I miss the interaction. I miss travelling to three or four or more places in a day and talking to people.





Someone criticised me, told me I should spend more time observing people on the sidewalk. Something about understanding human behaviour.

Who uses the word sidewalk??

I digress. Anyway, few days earlier, when the same person mused that my personal background remained unknown, I questioned, "Do you really need to know?" And after some thought, the reply came back - "No, actually I don't." And that was that. I will thus continue to keep my background unknown.

I rest my case.

0 comments: