Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Breather

Go Away

I leave for Jakarta on Thursday.

Slightly bittersweet. I've been aching to travel, but this is really a make-or-break chance for me to prove to my bosses that they didn't hire a good-for-nothing. So it'll be horribly stressful, but I'll be enjoying it in a perverse way.

It didn't turn out to be the gritty trip I expected it to be. As of 10 pm tonight, a last minute grasp yielded me a beautiful room in a beautiful hotel. This is more than what I expected, which was nothing, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't fucking overjoyed.

I'll rough it if I have to rough it. No problems with that. If I get a free stay in an four-star hotel with awesome clean sheets and a bar, well... I suppose this would be a good time to talk about how nice hotel rooms make me unbelievably happy.

I love them! I just hate the price. I love the tucked-in sheets, the nicely arranged toiletries, the neatly folded towels, the bathrobe hanging in the cupboard, even the freakin' free writing pad and pen.

But mostly now, i'm just glad I have a place to stay.



Seeya soon.

1 comments:

Ghim Lay said...

have fun! the airport is uhmm quite interesting