Monday, June 04, 2007

Just some stuff from Jakarta.

Let's start with the mandatory cat shot, shall we?

Port Cat

Most of the cats there were rather sorry-looking, save for this one at the port of Sunda Kelapa. I call this the what-the-fuck look.

And then moving on to the usual silhouette shot:

Sunda Kelapa

Sunda Kelapa, an old port that was my favourite part of the whole trip because I visited it during the off-peak hours and it was nearly empty and extremely peaceful. A far cry from the chaotic mess of the rest of the city.

Kota, Jakarta

And this was in Kota, the old section of the city much akin to our Chinatown. I didn't feel that much of a Dutch presence as I had expected, but that could be because I'm already used to seeing colonial-like houses in Singapore.

I tell people I could live there, and there's some truth to it since I do crave chaos and dysfunction in my cities. But on hindsight, I wonder how long I would survive it.

If there's one thing about Singapore that I won't be bitching about anytime soon, its the ability to walk around alone at 4 am in the morning. That's something I prize highly, and I'm not ready to give that up just yet.

1 comments:

gopi said...

hey nice pics!