Monday, June 30, 2008

Slated

Slate's so great that even after reaching home past midnight, preparing for next day's class and feeling like I want to sleep for the next year or so -- I am still stuck on the site and want to blog about it.

I don't know if its just me, but recently their stuff has been really great. I really want to dissect it from a publisher's standpoint, but I'm seriously too tired right now. Especially after having read about how to create a noisier version of yourself at a reality-TV school, the death of the semicolon (with the cutest headline ever) and discovering there's another African dictator we've forgotten about while obsessing over Mugabe.

And of course, along the same vein of office-speak (Tym's got the details on this), a great article on the pop culture catchphrases.