Thursday, July 03, 2008

A River Runs Through

I'm sorry but I wasn't expecting you for another month or so.

I had the impression the monsoon starts in August. But I was wrong.

The rain has been rather relentless. All morning and most of the afternoon today, resulting me being completely stranded at home between bodies of water. To get a rickshaw, I have to either wait in the hopes that someone alights at my place, or wade out.

I can't lie -- it's awfully fun. May not feel this way when I have my first slip in the water or leg into an unseen hole.

This means I am going to have a rather tricky house-moving process in a week or so.

It also means that I will be having cool, cool weather to sleep in for a while. Which is a good thing, considering I do need my blanket to act as a makeshift mosquito net because those fuckers are in serious breeding mode these days.

0 comments: