Thursday, August 07, 2008

Staff Sergeant Max Fightmaster

Feeling oddly giddy, my eyelids are "heavy" and I can barely focus on what I'm looking, almost as if I had the flu (except that I don't). Very odd - I've had my meals and enough sleep. What's up man.

I've been reading bullshit on the net about names since I came across this one (a friend actually does know her) which reminded me about the other one I read about sometime back.

A judge in New Zealand made a young girl a ward of court so that she could change the name she hated - Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii.

Judge Rob Murfitt said that the name embarrassed the nine-year-old and could expose her to teasing.

He attacked a trend of giving children bizarre names, citing several examples.

Officials had blocked Sex Fruit, Keenan Got Lucy and Yeah Detroit, he said, but Number 16 Bus Shelter, Violence and Midnight Chardonnay had been allowed.

Amongst others banned - Fish and Chips (for a pair of twins). Nice! Some people shouldn't be allowed to be parents. Case in point, as read on Dooce.

And do you want to know what is the manliest name on the planet? Although one dude left a comment saying the writers overlooked the obvious winner:

The president of Zaire: Mobutu Sese Seko Kuku Ngbendu wa za Banga which translates to "the all powerful warrior who, because of his endurance and inflexible will to win, shall go from conquest to conquest, leaving fire in his wake" Manliest name ever. period.

Ok wait the comments thread for that article is more entertaining than the article itself. This is just such awesome stuff to waste time on!


Oh and Frankie found the most beautiful table eva. I felt loserish because I'm forever stealing stuff off other people's blogs, so I thought I'd head to the website to see if I could find anything else I preferred. Nope. No chance for any originality whatsoever.

John Nouanesing's Love Me Table trumps all else (although I seriously covet all the hang-on-the-wall stuff he had as well).



I think I stopped breathing for a bit when I saw it. I never quite understood what those hosts of interior design shows meant when they picked stuff out to be a centerpiece of a home (always ended to be some lousy fireplace or hideous sofa set) - now I get it. If I had this table, we would have nightly worship sessions around it. Fuck, I would build my house around it.


I need a better internet connection to waste more time this way.

0 comments: