Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Tired.

Today's class was about photojournalism ethics with regards to coverage of violence and tragedies. By the end of the class, some students seemed rather taken aback by my callous and chipper talk about dead bodies and crying people. I apologised for that, explaining that the class was exhausting (they agreed) even when conducted with a lighthearted attitude, and none of us would've been able to last the entire lesson if I had been politically correct and respectful throughout.

I found it extremely difficult to have that class. I stumbled on my words, I took lengthy pauses. By the end of it, I really wanted to run into a closet to cry. My callousness was overwhelming, even for me.

In retaliation, I ended up shooting and spent hours at adsoftheworld.


(Foundation for girls with bulimia.)


"Don't make it a grad to forget."
- Mothers Against Drink Driving


"There are journeys from which you come back richer."
- ICEI - Association for responsible tourism

And my favourite tonight:


"I've made a creative team win a lion at Cannes."
-
Clube de Criação do Rio de Janeiro


I am inexplicably exhausted.

0 comments: