Monday, March 30, 2009

Gender

Student

I'm scared of girls.

I've mentioned this before, that I always felt that most of them looked at me with a mixture of animosity, suspicion and contempt. This is, of course, not true (I hope) and just a result of me being stupid, overly sensitive and letting my imagination indulge in itself.

It's ironic, because I am very fond of talking to women here. The younger ones tend to be more reserved, so I chat mostly to older folks. Truth be told, the ones who are less well-off are also a lot more easier to approach. I hardly ever feel inclined to respond when a man/boy wants to start a conversation with me, but if a woman says anything at all -- I have all the time in the world for her.

Anyway, just some photos of what I feel is the "average" Dhaka girl -- something I wish I saw more of. The below were taken at Fantasy Kingdom, the amusement park on the outskirts of the city in Ashulia.


Fantasy Kingdom

Fantasy Kingdom

Fantasy Kingdom






Digressing slightly, today's xkcd rocked.

(Police reported three dozen cheerful bystanders, yet no one claims to have seen who did it.)

0 comments: