Friday, March 13, 2009

Holi

Old Dhaka

Having one of those very sombre days.

I didn't have as good a session as I'd hoped at Holi yesterday, because when we came back for Round 2, I was assaulted by a group of teenagers who very aggressively smeared the dye all over my face and someone's finger landed in my eye.

At least now I know that blue-coloured contacts don't suit my face.

So I was half-blind and just generally not in the mood after that. Still, it was a lot of fun. Round 1 -- only kids who couldn't wait till after lunch to get started -- had me laughing like crazy. The funniest bits were the adults who thought it would be a good idea to walk through the streets, only to end up drenched purple/blue/red.

I read an article somewhere before, about the etiquette of snowball fights, and how the rules don't apply when kids roam the streets on Christmas looking for victims. You're in their territory now - your authority means nothing on this day.


IMG_3355.jpg

He's not posing. Just waiting for people to empty his bucket on.

IMG_3416.jpg

IMG_3328.jpg

Holi Faces

Not happy with any of the photos. These will do.

0 comments: