Monday, June 29, 2009

After weeks of gazing longingly at the sky, willing for the rain to come to end my humid misery, I am unbearably happy that the monsoon seems to have finally started. Two girls on the opposite rooftop are dancing in the rain, one still with her toothbrush in her mouth. Sweet.

It has been slightly unnerving for me the last few weeks, constantly sidestepping office-politics minefields and trying my best not to lose my temper. I have decided that a fake smile is really not worth the effort or energy, and I am not inclined to take it upon myself to create a false sense of harmony just so we can pretend to be the best of friends.

This is obviously a problematic decision as it offends the supposedly Asian thing about "saving face". Oh well. At the very least, I won't be accused of putting up a false front.

I happily blame my father for passing on this gene to me.

0 comments: