Thursday, June 04, 2009

"I still rem eating some chocolate biscuits which i fell in love with, at ur place prolly more than a decade back."


It took a fair bit of sleuthing around (ok fine, five minutes on chat with a mutual friend) before I finally figured out who the mystery new friend on FB was. The real name rang a bell, but I'm still not entirely sure if I have the right one.

I attended the CHIJ Punggol, which has since been renamed to a much longer, fancier name. The 'Punggol' aspect of it was always a source of great mirth for my classmates in secondary school, who teased me about pig farms and kampongs. I'd always felt very defensive.

It was a fabulously old school, and I feel a connection with it that I never did for my subsequent educational institutions. There was something so comforting about it, about how small and run-down it all was. I remember lying beneath the heavy curtains on the stage in the hall, swaying the cloth over me and thinking it looked like a huge manta ray coming towards me.

I had forgotten tomorrow was a Friday till about an hour ago, and I think that knowledge gave me a little breathing room before the work week starts again. Its rare for my over-thinking brain to get so caught up in the day-to-day chores that I don't find the to sit and think -- but I guess it's just been a crazy couple of weeks.

Tonight I really just wanted an old friend to talk to, but I think it'll be a little while before I enjoy such a privilege again.

0 comments: