Tuesday, July 07, 2009

"Thank you, logic boy. Did I mention this is a rant? Sense really has no place in it."

- Buffy in Real Me, Season 5, BTVS


It is my ultimate wish that I will find some way to insert the phrase "logic boy" into regular conversation tomorrow.

Fraying at the edges, but its just mainly nerves and the unavoidable stress of new responsibilities and new experiences. Thank god for my friends. I don't have many, and none of them are here with me in this country, but the few I have make up for it in quality. I'm not joking when I say I need them -- I could not possibly hold myself together without them. Even having imaginary conversations with them in my head helps -- a poor substitute for the real thing but it's better than nothing during those moments when you're gripping the seat of your chair trying to convince yourself it would be a very, very bad idea to raise your voice.

0 comments: