While on Bus 107
- A mother with her young son on a bicycle at a traffic junction, making use of the waiting time by cleaning the boy's face with a towel.
- A place called 'Yong's Teochew Kueh'. How is it that can't name a single type of Teochew kueh? Does peng kueh count? Is ngo hiang considered Teochew?
- An ad for '24 hour Prawning'. What? Prawning is the new fishing, apparently.
- A new 24 hour Indian Muslim coffeeshop on Upper Serangoon. Yay!
- Serangoon is in Marine Parade GRC? WTF.
- Public Campaign posters spotted: Recycling, Fire Hazards, Be Gracious on Buses
A little notice at our lift lobby informs us that Lift A and B will be permanently shut down in a couple of days. The openings will be sealed up. Since Lift C has gone through the ubiquitous Upgrading and now stops at every floor, joining its gleaming counterparts newly installed at either ends of the building, the HDB folks probably figured there was no longer a need for these two outdated lifts.
I felt a little sad at the thought of these two coffin-like contraptions becoming scrap metal. After all, I've been taking these lifts for the last 24 years, to the point that I can instinctively predict down to the last second how long it takes to reach each floor.
And then felt really sad for myself because it seems that I've formed attachments to inanimate public objects.