(My words ring true. Paused this entry to search for half an hour in my room only to find Idiot in a space that was not supposed to be a space. CB to you.)
----------------------
Headed out for an alcoholic break away from the madness in the house. It seems like the only people I shoot for outside of ST are musicians, and this is slightly worrying since my portfolio will be shit.
But I'm not even vaguely trying to get other commercial jobs, and musicians are an addictive bunch, at least those with their heads screwed on right.
And so, in exchange for a drink and chance to rescue his wounded sense of chivalry (never before have I seen someone take so much offence at having a female foot the bill sneakily), Faiser from Columbia has agreed to help find me a job in South America.
And a legit job at that. I didn't not go to Spain without learning anything.
It never ceases to amaze me to hear people go on and on talking about how beautiful their country is, how its so amazing etc etc and in the same breath list out all its problems and shortcomings.
I tried concocting a make-believe conversation whereby I would praise the hell out of Singapore and in the same breath matter-of-factly state how its still not perfect.
"You won't believe how safe it is... and we have all these beautiful trees by the roads, and so many reservoirs!!!!! We have many races living together peacefully... its so amazing."
Nope. Can't be done. Or rather, I can't do it.
And ooh. I found an extra bottle of gin, hiding and cowering in fear right at the back of the cupboard. Poor bottle... too late.
No comments:
Post a Comment