Monday, June 12, 2006

Sunday

For all my disinterest (not 'un' but 'dis') in the World Cup, its hard not to get sucked into the hype. Cat apparently, has some form of defence against the media saturation.


Impassive


Thanks to a car, I went to two new places tonight and revisited another. I bitch and whine about it, but make no mistake - NTU is really beautiful at night.

There are a gadzillion steps to climb to reach my much-missed place of solace in Hall 9. But I think its worth it. It's actually a laundry-drying area no one uses anymore, and comes with a nice view from the fifth floor atop a hill with trees all round.

Hall 9

We had once dragged up a discarded mattress and just lay there looking at the (few) stars and enjoying the fresh air. When you're in hall, surrounded by strangers and a whole lot of things that don't really make you feel comfortable, you inevitably find means of escape from it all.

No comments: