Monday, September 19, 2005

Cats and such.

When I say i did nothing but take photos of cats and children this trip - i'm really not stretching the truth that much.

Dammit, I just wanted to enjoy myself this time round. And I think I did.. although I don't have much to show for it that would make others believe... cats and children photos are personal.. you gotta be there to appreciate the memories I think.

And so, I think that my life would be a perfect zen-mix if I could either:

1. Work as staff in a children-related NGO while volunteering for the local SPCA (wherever).
2. Work as staff in the local SPCA (wherever) while volunteering at a children-related NGO.


I used to try to shake off my fingers' tendancies to press the trigger everytime something feline or youthful walked into my line of sight... clicheclichecliche... but I think I shall try not to control that for a while and see how things worked out. I really haven't smiled so much at my photos for a long time. Even without any commercial value... at least it makes me happy.

And COME ON, I do not believe that kid shots are as easy as people tell me. Sure, they smile and pose, but to get the ONE photo that summarises it all... where it goes beyond just a cutesy face and smile.. that's the thing I'm trying to lookout for.






In other news, I played God today and got Kitty spayed. Have been whining about this inevitable decision to just about anyone who was unlucky enough to be around... I've said it before and I say it again - it's just not my right. She isn't my cat, she's A cat bunking with me.

And besides, she didn't get the full works that Darren's cats had.. which I found out a tad bit too late. No fancy funnel for her head to prevent unneccessary biting of the stiches, no antiseptic lotion to apply... and released after a grand total of 2 hours.

If anything goes wrong... there'll be more than one bitch at the clinic I can gurantee you that.

She hasn't eaten the WHOLE day, making it a full 24 hours and making me very worried... rejected (violently) the antibiotics I tried to force feed her, drank no more than a few sips of water.

Am very afraid of what tomorrow will bring. I do not want one of those lazy fat buggers who can barely be bothered to raise their head to look at you lazing at my void deck. OK... that's what I wanted AT FIRST, till Kitty showed me the meaning of the word CAT.

Am so covered with wounds/scars/scratches that it's mildly depressing when I examine them.


Rinda
How could you not fall in love?

No comments: