Thursday, September 01, 2005

Meow

Ah, the simple joys.

Kitty is rolling around the floor in utter glee, scrabbling at a piece of balled up paper light enough to fly across the room with one swipe of her paw. I can never quite tell what will end up as her playmate of the day.. but more often than not it's a balled up piece of something.

And i just spent the past 15 mins trying to find a scratch on my finger that was bleeding. After I'd gone to retrieve a plaster, I just can't seem to be able to find it anymore. So I suppose if it doesn't even hurt or bleed I don't really need to plaster it... but.. but... how can it just disappear like this!! Worse than trying to find an itch.

My cat has killer cheekbones. I mean... from her face itself you'd think she was all shrunken and anorexic.. but she's not! (as proven by oh so cute tummy).. must be a Bangla thing. Them northish indians and their cheekbones.



Just thinking back at my 401 tutorial yesterday... Now there's finally an explanation for all the forum letters I've been seeing over the years.. all those complaints and feedback that, in my opinion, sounded quite ridiculous. The level of asian conservatism is just simply astounding. Even in my class of 20 something year-olds, I just note what seems to be a degree of "my ass before yours" and a utter respect for the whole concept of "saving my face above everyone elses".

Quick to complain - that's what we are. Quick to assert our rights in what I really think is a strange way.

I'm talking about people who write in to say "how can you allow these good for nothing teenagers to listen to such loud music on their walkman on the mrt don't you know that it's so irritating i coming home from work and people tired want to rest you know and then you boomboomboom so noisy what is the society coming to no respect and blaablaaabalaalaaaa."

shit that's Boomhauer!


Not that i don't get irritated as well.. but there's always a choice isn't there? Same emotions - different reactions.

And when we get older? That could very well translate to being quick to sue - the hypothetical scenarios in class all show how, in order to protect ourselves, we are willing to head towards lawsuits.

I tell you, it freaked me out completely at first.

Don't you see, it's because of this lawsuit-happy attitude that makes things so impossible sometimes? Just because your toes indeed HAS been stepped on, it doesn't mean you HAVE to file a lawsuit!!! There's always such a thing as "let things be" or "lets go another route". It seemed to be some kinda trigger-reflex action - as long as fault can be found, a lawsuit therefore we must file.

NONonononononooooooooooooooooooo.

*sigh*

No comments: