"There is no truth in words. There is no warranty."
It's been almost a year since I wrote that on the old blog, and I must admit that optimism has failed me, and the truth of those words still resonate as strongly as they did before.
Everyday, I wait to be proven wrong, and somehow I have this sinking feeling that I may actually be right.
And yah, Aceh was great.
2 comments:
The truth in words is half your own and the other half no warranty for anything, I think. There is no warranty. And people get killed for that specific craving. Whatever they must believe. Actually truth tends to be whatever statement or belief you can put to good use in your world.
But in the end, these too are just words. :-) Cheer up!
Someone told me the other day that I should get a haircut and a job....
...actually the search for warranties is the one thing that fucks up everything more than anything. It makes no one responsible. A warranty makes the word of "God" tool for terrorists and "freedom & democracy" their stupid willing natural enemies. Things that have to be true, "because we are warranted to believe" has made a lot of mess. What is warranted has outside reason - outside of personal responsibilities - for occuring.
And it is a fallacy. There is no reason or cause outside yourself. There is only you. You are responsible. And people will love you for it. It is enough, I hope.
Post a Comment