Things have wound down quite a bit since GE, but I just felt like pampering myself by taking some time off to do things that have no bearings on my future or existence.. other than the rather short-term gratification of "hanging out".
So, for the first time I trotted down to the Sungei Road flea market with a colleague who apparently was quite the expert on the place. The aim was the hunt for old cameras, but I guess I just tagged along to see a part of Singapore that I heard so much about but never really took the time to visit.
The most common things on sale were:
1. Handphones
2. Watches
3. 2nd hand clothes
There was the odd trinket here and there, (laser-disc next to vinyl records!!) and one stall selling some kinda aphrodisiac. On display with the rather yucky looking brown stew was an electric-eel hailing from Indonesia and a bottle of leeches (animal abuse!). I'm not sure how these creatures make men more attractive. One sure way is to NOT tell the woman you had just consumed the essense of swamp-dwelling creatures.
Ash was quite surprised to see that leeches grow till that length, and I guess I was never really interested enough to find out. The lasting image of leeches in my mind is the one Stand By Me when the boys wandered through a river and emerged with black squishy things stuck on them.
I am now thinking, whether I would rather a leech or a catarpillar attach itself onto me.
If you think that the blood-sucking factor of a leech would be a dead givaway.. ah thou doth underestimate my fear (and hatred) for catarpillars.
------------
Cherian rockz/rulez/reignz.
I found an old photo of him (circa 2001) which made me laugh so loud I woke up my parents.
1 comment:
It's easier to fling off a caterpillar than a leech.
Post a Comment