Wednesday, May 31, 2006

We could've fed a village

Had a "business lunch" at the supposedly very famous Hua Ting restaurant at Orchard Hotel. Well, I wasn't doing anything but being present for a free lunch.

For 7 men and 1 woman and 1 me, we killed:

- Two Ducks
- One Pig
- Five Crabs
- Fifty Scallops
- One big-assed fish

And a patridge in a pear tree... lalala.

Possibly more animals involved in the creation of stocks/soups/oils. When I was served two slices of duck meat and two small cubes of roast pork on a huge plate - I really had to try very hard to stifle the giggles in front of these important men dressed in suits.

Couldn't enjoy it as much, I tried to behave myself in front of these important people. It is very difficult to eat crab gracefully.




Have pity on us who mock, for we do not understand.

But, truth be told. The food WAS good. Or maybe I was just so hungry from all the small portions it teased my tummy into blissful submission.

1 comment:

Tym said...

Hua Ting is excellent.