Thursday, May 25, 2006

Taking a breath

Just would like to state that I'm very happy with the way things are. They could be better, of course, but then again it could be much much worse.

Work turned out to be more stressful than I thought it would be. I'd been spoilt and used to being at the top of the class, or at least in a reasonably comfortable position somewhere in the strata of things, and the feeling of starting from scratch from the bottom it strangely exciting and refreshingly good. I like being kept busy, since I lack the discipline to do it to myself.

Someone I didn't know very well remarked today when I made a optimistic comment, "That's because you're Jess!" And I suppose that my behaviour in office has inevitably created some UltraSunshine V. 5.6 of myself. Its probably a combination of the nerves I get (which makes me jumpy and edgy and overflowing with excess energy) and that I genuinely love what I do.

The statement bothers me. I'd been accused an equal number of times of being both optimistic and pessimistic. And really, I don't know which one is right. Ah well.


Other than that, I'm waiting for the paycheck to arrive. I need to buy:


1. CF card reader


Er.. ok it seems like that's it for my buying list. I guess my To-Do list is the nightmarish one.

No comments: