Sunday, September 19, 2004

106 days: little angry people

Been thinking a lot about Dhaka. I mean, more than usual.

A lot of people who had friends/family told me it's a great place. And I'm not about to doubt that. But i am scared. Because I get bad PMS. And when I'm emotional and homesick. Hiyoh.

But I know I'll be fine. It's the no-choice syndrome. I only whine when I can do something about it.

Man... that's a bad statement to make. But hiyah it's true.


--------------------------

Reading the papers today just reinforced the fact that, "MAN Singaporeans sure as hell love to complain."

I think that should replace our kiasu-mentra for Singaporean mentality. Like what the fuck we complain about everything. Everything is an issue.

Like that time when the guy wrote in complanining that there should be rules about people with irritating ring tones on the MRT trains. Apparently they disturb the peace.

And the person who wrote in today saying why we shouldn't let kids play at void decks. He said something like have you ever returned home tired from work only to have kids kick a football at your head.

Boy I sure as hope that person doesn't and never have kids.

How the hell did the football-at-voiddeck thing become an issue?? Forums discussing it... letters being printed... government agencies roped in for comment... hiyoh NONSENSE NONSENSE NONSENSE.

All those people who tried to justify the nails-on-the-wall movement should let me into their homes. If they have kids, I want to check and make sure they have a nice square drawn out with masking tape in the house marked as the "play zone" for their kids.

"No dinner for you tonight. Your monopoly pieces spilled outside the zone. Mommy say how many times already you still don't listen? huh? Big boy already right? Go school already still like that. Teacher never teach you in school is it? You want me to say how many more times then you listen? HUH HUH HUH?????????"

We have weird people here.



No lah fuck i'm not talking about me.


No comments: