Wednesday, September 01, 2004

122 days: You've got to understand, that the reason why life is beautiful is because it can go away.

My computer isn't coorperating again. Hope I'll get to do some proper work tonight though.

Just returned from NTUSU's AGM.... was rather uneventful except for PH's very impressive vocals. Here are the highlights:

1. Their Annual Report was silly. "Western food stall took over the fried noodles stall." And vague. And incomplete.

2. PH had to repeat his name and matriculation number three times.

3. Allen Eng (ex-Pres) handled PH's situation pretty well. He's a bit of a blur idiot, not media savvy, but I liked how he didn't get defensive and remained cool and throughout. Plus he made a dig at PH! "I think your writer understands what I said, but I'm not sure if you do."

4. PH put up a good fight to obtain their financial reports and estimated budget for next year. "As members of the Union, don't we have a right?"

5. The financial controller is a bureacratic nightmare. "Ok, write me a letter saying your reasons for wanting the financial report." You can go kiss my @$$.

6. Less than 200 people showed up. At most 100 plus. Which PH mentioned. "Are you moving for a headcount?" OH GOD NO I don't wanna come back and sit through this again.

7. The new NTUSU president is a Indian SIA Scholar. Called Shadap. "Shadap wants you to speak up."

8. I liked how the 20-odd Union members sitting in two rows behind their president looked like lost lambs and starting whispering around with each other everytime PH asked a question.

9. I thought it was funny how many of the proposers and seconders were Indians and how the woman taking minutes was half deaf. So they had to repeat their names and numbers like 10,000 times.

PH, if you never ever get a hall, I think now you know why.

I'm very proud to be PH's friend! You're priceless man. But only if he's on my side lah.
And I'm sorry the smoking story got held back. Truly really am very sorry. Please continue taking photos for us!

I should've said something. Asked a question. But I didn't have any. It's hard to accuse someone of not being good enough. Only can complain about inefficiencies. Next time, I'm going to the forum.

----------------------------------

Had a talk with someone I was pissed at a few days ago. Boy, am I glad the air has cleared. I think it has anyway. Should've done that in the first place.

----------------------------------

Only three more issues of Chron left. I want to milk it for all it's worth. Any ideas people?
Production night tomorrow. God help us.

----------------------------------

Anyway the line above is from, believe it or not, a stand-up comedian which I downloaded from Comedy Central. I like it because, well, it's true.

No comments: