
PAPanty
And "PAPA PAP"
And "PeopLEE's Action Party"
-------------------
I met 9 of SDA's candidates this morning today, and I guess I've to admit that while some of them can talk all they want but will never win my vote, the others match the PAP in terms of their mannerisms/professionalism/public speaking skills - whatever I can judge from a walkabout anyway.
So I walked around the wet market and kopitiam, and saw the women in their nightdresses and slippers buying fish and vegetables, the fishmonger frantically washing himself so as to shake hands with the candidates, the old women playing cards in the middle of a structure that seems to have no ventilation at all, and absolutely no fans.
And while I was I think about all the families I've met on the job living in three-storey bungalows-with-pool-and-entertainment-centre in the posh districts, whose houses are lined with items that seem so devoid of any practical use I wonder what compelled them to even buy it in the first place. I always bite my tongue and not let myself ask the question, "Seriously, do you really need all this space?"
Its not even a comparison, because it wouldn't make sense to compare. I was just wondering how candidates position themselves so as to sell their party to both ends of the spectrum (and the middle too of course).
Some lady shouted after them at the hawker centre, (in Mandarin) "You cannot let us down ah!!!!" I don't really care what she said lah, it's just so refreshing to see Singaporeans being engaged.
No comments:
Post a Comment