Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Sick cat

Kitty was sick. I wasn't at home to witness the "vomit" (which I think was just a super big furball) but it did seem as if she kennaed some kinda poisoning. Listless, angry, grumpy, unfriendly, sleepy and no appetite.

That was last night. Today, I just wrestled with her on the bed. Boy, does she recover fast.



Dragging myself out of bed before 10 am on an off-day proved to be a very grump-inducing task. A shoot at Esplanade for a friend did make things better, if only because they're all crazy people with a lot of adrenaline to burn. But what really made the day good, was me chilling out with mocha and Patrick Marber's Closer. I've been dying to do both for a long time - just sitting somewhere (in the day with SUNLIGHT as opposed to a pub with alcohol) and just chill, and I must say that, as expected, the book is better than the film.

Ok, make that, 20% better lah. The film stuck quite faithfully to the lines although a scene was removed. Some effects you can do on TV and not on stage. But still the play is not exactly very optimistic, and I liked the review written at the back which said something about "the illusion of love". We'd all been fawning over the movie and talking about it, but I realised no one had used that phrase so far.



Anyway, I have to go sleep and rest for the "expected manic madness" tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"the pupil in denial..."